Now that the temps are warming up in Dallas you’d think my appetite would lean more towards salads and thoughts of swimsuit season…negative. Something about nachos and cold beer (ideally poolside) screams summer to me.
These vegan nachos are the perfect summer recipe- flavorful, citrusy and light. I sprinkle the top with my favorite vegan cheddar cheese from So Delicious – they have some of the best dairy- and meat-free alternatives that actually taste like the real deal so you don’t feel like you’re missing out. Any cheddar/pepper-jack mix would also be delicious.
- Your favorite gluten free (or regular) tortilla chips
- 1/2 can organic refried black beans
- 1/3 diced red onion
- 1 diced Roma tomato
- 1 can hatch green chilies
- 1/2 diced jalapeño (leave seeds in for extra flavor & spice)
- Vegan cheddar or Mexican Blend
- Lots of lime juice
- For garnish;
- Avocado or avocado crema
- Lime wedges
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Evenly spread chips onto a rimmed baking sheet (keyword: evenly) and load chips with toppings. Start with the beans so everything has a base to stick to.
- Drizzle with lime juice right before placing nachos in the oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (depends on what type of cheese you use).
- Remove from oven and top with avocado, fresh cilantro and lime wedges.